live video effects

oscarwyatt

Hi,

I'm trying to apply effects in realtime to a live video camera input for a school production (by effects, I mean colour negative, that sort of basic thing). I understand that normally this would be done with a video mixer, unfortunately we don't have one and can't afford to hire any. I tried using a PC tuner card with some software to do it, but it can't deal with the sort of resolution I'm looking for. Does anyone have any suggestions, its a nice idea for one scene, so I'd probably really be only able to spend up to about £50, are there video mixers that are that cheap for hire? I'd need it for about a week.

Cheers

Oscar

Try Isadora, available Here. The demo versions for both MAC and Vista/XP are fully functional but save disabled, but if you don't turn your computer off..... really powerful live video manipulation, that can be programmed to run from a 'Go' button so different effects can 'morph' into one another (or just fade out) over time. It's not easy and the learning curve is quite steep, but it'll do pretty much whatever you want.

We actually use Arkaos which is a great piece of software but does cost a fair bit.

Out of curiosity I took a look at the neuromixer software which I'd not seen used before.

What a great little programme , needs next to no resources too.

Good for that odd occasion I would have thought , esp for novice users.

Archived