Video LED

live

I'm looking for some ideas for some small VGA led walls (pref small smd's for higher resolution). It's one of those "mad ideas" a lot of people on this forum have (would love to get it up and running instead of just on paper!) Basically it's for a double sided 4mt x 4mt static promotional sign at trade shows. At the moment I'm using 2x2 seamless plasma's (the cost is quite high) so in one of those "mad moments" I've thought along the idea of a vga led curtain shrunk down but I'm sure there was a company at Plasa this year who had some modular led bricks but can't for the life of me remember the company.

Any ideas or pointers would be greatly appreciated

g

Hi Pete, hi-res would be the way forward and cost at the moment is quite open as one of my clients is very interested. HSL had a prototype small hi res screen in last week but I get the feeling it was an import on evaluation. The idea would be to build them as a unit and hire them to various clients/sites. The basic framework including DMX driven motors has already been built and currently houses the seamless plasma's so they can be rotated if required.

thanks

g

If you're currently using PDP plasmas or similar, then LED will be very disappointing.

A plasma screen has a dot pitch measured in tenths of a millimetre, while the tightest dot pitch on LED panels is around 4 to 6mm.

LED panels designed for display are intended to be viewed from 10m away or more, while plasmas are designed to be viewed from close up.

Archived