Pearl 2000

Matt

we are in the process of purchasing a pearl 2000 desk to control the lightin arrangement we have in our nice new dance studio, and seeing as I am gonna be one of the main 2 people using it, I was wondering if any of you folks out there could offer me advice on hints and tips etc... for using it, and any problems that I my run into when using it.

Would be most gratefully appreciated.

Matt.

Guest lightnix

Get yourself booked on a training session at Avolites, it's probably the quickest way to get to grips with the desk, they do a nice buffet lunch and usually throw in some swag as well :blink:

Apart from that: to save wasting preset foci, I always create an "Open" focus for all the movers and store open colour, open gobo, open iris, shutter, frost, etc. on it. It's possible to store more than one attribute on a preset focus. If you call up that focus with the "Dimmer" attribute selected, then all the attributes stored on that focus are recalled at once.

Nice desk, very buskable.

and I would need to speak to someone at avo about this...

who shall I speak to, where would it be and whats the cost spring into my mind.

I bought an avo azure about a year ago for a project in a nightclub - bit of a daft question, but I can't remember the pins I set for the access levels. Is there an obvious reset - I'm not worried if it wipes the shows - the gigs finished now and I'd like to use it again soon.

p

Archived