Radio Mics

Mattangles

Hi all,

Am looking into buying some handheld radio mics. maybe about 4. Am on a budget tho. What do people think of the Trantec S5000RX Recievers.

Does anyone know where I can pick 2nd hand radio kits up from??

Many Thanks,

Matt.

Hi Matt, Although we're not selling off any S5000's we do have 22 sets of S4000s up for grabs.

If you are buyinh new however - do have a look at the New Trantec S5.3 or S5.5 systems ( Based on the S5000 but aimed at the better quality Sennheiser market)

Cheers

Paul

The 5000 series is OK but getting on a bit now. I seem to recall hearing that Wigwam were selling off their 5000 series stock; might be worth seeing if they've got any left.

I wouldn't generally look much further than Sennheiser's G2 models. Look at the 300 or 500 series and the models with the 865 heads. They're quite rider friendly too for anyone that doesn't want '58s.

The 5000 series is OK but getting on a bit now. I seem to recall hearing that Wigwam were selling off their 5000 series stock; might be worth seeing if they've got any left.

I wouldn't generally look much further than Sennheiser's G2 models. Look at the 300 or 500 series and the models with the 865 heads. They're quite rider friendly too for anyone that doesn't want '58s.

what are the g2 100 series like

what are the g2 100 series like

In many ways, they're the same as the 300 and 500 series. The differences lie in the facilities available - the 300 & 500 series have multicoloured displays (more useful than you could imagine when you've got a whole rack full of them - very easy to see out of the corner of your eye which one is overloading), more user programmable channels, more pre-programmed channels, remote battery monitoring, headphone outputs (500 only), soundcheck mode for checking max audio levels and min RF levels (500 only). I can't remember whether the 100 series has pilot tone or not - again a very useful thing to have.

The price jump from 100 to 300 is not too excessive and well worth it in my opinion. From 300 to 500 is a bigger jump, and for me, not justifiable.

ETA: Do a search on them here if you're interested - they've been discussed many times before.

You are right again Rob!

I have a g2 100, it does have pilot tones, although I don't know what it is.. <_<

Unbeatable systems IMO, if you go for these don't buy from ebay, there are a lot of fakes for sale at the moment.

I would suggest a pro audio retailer, go try a few out! :up:

Archived