Zero 88 Focus 650

Johnno

I have a Zero 88 Focus 650 Profile which I gather from old BR posts is probably a re-badged CCT product. The closest to it in CCT's present range is the Minuette Reflector Zoom Profile Z0602, although mine has just one lens so is not a zoom.

Between the lamp chamber and the lens there is a wad of four aperture plates. Their apertures are not all the same diameter and they can only be removed by partially dismantling the unit. The front one retains a gobo holder. Given that their apertures are not the same should these plates be in any particular order? Do they need to be there at all as there is an aperture in the lamp chamber front wall? However if they are removed the lens mounting plate slides about by a quarter of an inch or so.

I also have some shutter plates among my clutter that look as though they might belong to this lantern. If they do I can't see how they would fit as the wad of aperture plates completely fill the slots in the casing. Anyone shed any light for me?

I have a Zero 88 Focus 650 Profile which I gather from old BR posts is probably a re-badged CCT product. The closest to it in CCT's present range is the Minuette Reflector Zoom Profile Z0602, although mine has just one lens so is not a zoom.

Can't comment on the profile, but I have a couple of Zero88 Fresnels, which are almost certainly rebadged Minuettes.

Between the lamp chamber and the lens there is a wad of four aperture plates. Their apertures are not all the same diameter and they can only be removed by partially dismantling the unit. The front one retains a gobo holder. Given that their apertures are not the same should these plates be in any particular order? Do they need to be there at all as there is an aperture in the lamp chamber front wall? However if they are removed the lens mounting plate slides about by a quarter of an inch or so.

I also have some shutter plates among my clutter that look as though they might belong to this lantern. If they do I can't see how they would fit as the wad of aperture plates completely fill the slots in the casing. Anyone shed any light for me?

I have never taken these assemblies apart - do you need to?

Don't these 'aperture plates' hold the shutters by friction? You normally just jiggle the shutters in between them (should be four gaps).

Nigel

No I don't need to take it apart, but I will 'cos I'm nosey and because I've no idea who has done what before.

I've reassembled the unit leaving out one aperture plate and that has made room for the shutters.

Archived