Cat5 for 0-10v control?

pritch

Just a thought.

Have you considered putting in some 25 way ribbon cable? It is fairly cheap from RS (I seem to remeber using their "SpeedBloc" range), and had sucess with it in a fixed installation. I actually used two 30M lengths, joined by the simple task of fitting IDC "D" connectors... I was actually running a Sirius, so the "D" plug worked quite nicely into the back of the desk.

Of course, the downside is that if/when you go down the DMX route, you will have to put in another cable...

Jim

Have you considered putting in some 25 way ribbon cable?...

Of course, the downside is that if/when you go down the DMX route, you will have to put in another cable...

Cheers for all your replied, folks. Certainly given me a lot to think about.

We are (as ever) on a budget here. We're using unscreened cable for our current system, it just doesn't have enough ways to cope with what we're going to do. The unscreened stuff we've got now doesn't seem to have an issue with picking up stray signals from elsewhere.

Ribbon cable had crossed my mind, but seems to have its own problems associated with it (it's not the easiest of routes from desk to dimmers, and I don't fancy fighting with ribbon cable). As for going down the DMX route, it's pretty much a case of when, not if. I'd rather make sure we've got something I can shove DMX down with the minimum of mucking about.

Think I'll give it a go. If not, then I guess we're going to have to go back to the drawing board.

Archived