stairville DMX controller

ed zac

Hi can anyone help

I am new to DMX and have purchased a StairvilleDJ-X16 CONTROLLER AND 8 PAR64 Stairville LED cans. having read some of the other topics I see the stairville is the same as a soundlab GO18WG. I want to get the most out of the cans and they have 8 dip switches on the back can anyone advise how I set these to get the best from the lightrs using the controller. Also the manual seems a bit thin on the ground in terms of guidance so any help would be much appreciated

Firstly, Hello and welcome to the blue room. :tearshair:

Now, onto your question, the dip switches on the back of the lanterns are for addressing the fixtures. I wont go into binary addressing now but either google it or I seem to remember a good video on youtube using very similar controller and lights, (I'll see if I can find it)

To be honest (as a matter of opinion) your the only one who can get the best out of your particular lights and in your particular situation. :wall:

Any other questions feel free to ask, there are many more people on here who are far more knowledgeable about this sort of thing an have much more experience than me.

I hope that helps. :yahoo:

B

EDIT: there are 2 parts to the video which can be found here:

and here:

I seem to remember a good video on youtube using very similar controller and lights

Though that's a completely different controller. B-)

I think think the Stairville DJ X 16 is the same as this one. It's only 16 channels of DMX it would seem.

If the same as mine the PARs are 5 channel each, so you can control 3 of them separatly, you'll have to run two sets of 3 & one pair or some such combination. The first needs to be DMX address 1 - set dip switch one on & the rest off. Second needs to be 6 - 2nd & 3rd dips on. Third set to 11 so that's switches 1, 2, & 4 on. That should give you control of 3 lights.

If the same as mine for each light the first channel is "colour mode" and runs pre-set chases. I'd leave this off for now. The 5th channel is speed/sound to light & again I'd leave this off for now. 2, 3, & 4 should be red, green, & blue.

Hope that gets you started - now you just need to figure out how that desk works! :D

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
For anyone still baffled (by the stairville djx 16 DMX instruction manual,(like me)

this is a better presented version, Different box but same software and button functions. Its a n american Dj Light station

http://www.americandj.com/pdffiles/LgtStn.pdf

hope it helps..........

Im interested how can I control one light par 56 and go to the other? example: light 1 : make it red and light 2 : blue... how can I do that?

please tell me step by step .

can you help me? :unsure:

Hi Johnny - Thanks for the PM. I'll answer here, as it's really an "I can't help answer", but others may be able to, if you can make it a bit more clear what you have & want to do.

Do you mean ordinary par 56, run from a dimmer & using one DMX channel each, or LED "par 56" (which are not PARs at all) that run direct from the mains & requiring 4 or 5 DMX channels?

My post in the thread you've found may be a little misleading - this is not a DMX controller I have. However, from the looks of it it's not going to be easy to use for things like LED par cans.

What exactly do you have & how is it set up at the moment?

I have: one : http://www.thomann.de/de/stairville_djx_16..._controller.htm

and 2 : http://www.thomann.de/de/stairville_led_pa...alu_schwarz.htm

and I was asking how can I select one light and make it red... and after that select another and make it blue...(example.)

and how many lights can I use with my DMX, to control them separate?

do you know what I mean? :-s :nerd:

Archived