Mixing Desk Hire

andy_pye

Hey,

I am mixing a musical in late february in which we have a 12 piece band and lots and lots of radio microphones. Does anyone have any siggestions where to hire a 48 channel mixing desk at a reasonable rate for one week (we have a very limited budget), either analogue or digital. We are currently looking at a Midas verona but not finding anything within our budget yet.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Thanks in advance

Andy

Go for a soundcraft or allen & heath or yamaha or etc. etc. instead midas desks are nice but you do pay for the name. You should be able to find a cheaper desk that'll do fine for that money. You must have a LOT of radio mics if you need a 48 channel desk... do you definitely need that many? They must have eaten a lot of your budget.

Do you have a sound desk at all? If you do, you could use it to pre-mix a bunch of the radio mics and send them to a second desk; bit of a headache for monitoring etc. but it can be workable.

If you're really stuck we could do you our A&H ML5000 48 channel but it'll be slightly more than your budget. Drop me a PM if you're interested.

Is it a charity job? If not, tell the organiser (politely!) to get their budget sorted out. If they absolutely need 48 channels then they'll have to pay for it.

I think anyone will offer a deal, Rob. Nobody pays list price after all :yahoo:

If you want to sort out something in your area, give Sound Check in Watford a try: Link. I've never hired from them but I've bought bits of kit from them and they seem like good guys.

Archived