Capture Polar

Firewood1

Hello,

I have in recent days been using Capture 2005 with Hog PC, on my old laptop and they have been connecting fine. When I installed Hog PC, it recognised I had Capture and then installed the necessary files. It was great!

However, I have now bought a new laptop with a better graphics card so I can now use Capture Polar.

When I now try and install Hog PC, it shows that there are no visualisers installed??? Even if I manually install the Capture software on the Hog PC disk, it will not recognise it when I start the two programmes.

I am trying to connect using one PC, which was fine before with Capture 2005. If anybody has any ideas how to use 2 laptops for this I'd love to know, as I cannot connect them that way either!

Does anyone have any idea?

Cheers

Hi

Im currently running Capture Polar, Basic Edition. I would recommend that you do the following.

1. Install Capture Polar on your old computer to check that its indeed Capture and not a network setting.

2. Double check that in settings the Hog 2 /Hog 3 connection is selected. If it isnt, then the connection application wont load.

3. If all the above doesn't give you a clearer idea of what's going on, get in touch with Lars at Capture.

You don't mention what OS your running or what version of Capture you have. Is it the demo? basic or extended?

Cheers

Mic.

P.S. I will check to see if I can replicate the issue when I get near my Capture PC, but that could be a few days as Im away from home at the moment.

Which HOG PC version are you running? HOG 3 or HOG 2? pricise version of software? Having two laptops can be done. I am under the impression it is like having a console with a visulizer, and ethernet cable and a network should do the trick. Probably best to go to the HES forums: www.highend.com. The guys on there will definitly be able to help. I am not sure whether capture is similar to wyg but, having wygs auto focus on will enable the console to do exactly what the visulizer is doing and the same the other way. Like I say not too sure about this because I have never used capture.

hope this helps

Thanks for the responses about this.

I am running Capture Polar Basic Edition, and Hog 2 PC Version 3.3 (177). OS is XP Professional.

Lars from Capture Sweden has told me that it is not possible to connect Hog PC to Capture via a network, but I will still keep trying, just in case.

Cheers

Archived