Payment problems....

greatmoorred

I was in a similar situation in February with a company that wouldn't pay up. I emailed Bectu and they emailed the following:

I should advise that if your claim is for less than £3000 then ultimately we would not take them to court as it would be a small claims action. We would still pursue the company through our normal process but if this is unsuccessful it would be for you to pursue a smalls claims action. If it is for more than £3000 then we could pursue legal action to recover it assuming the case meets the usual legal criteria set by BECTU.

Their normal process ends up with the company going onto the "ask first" list.

I was in a similar situation in February with a company that wouldn't pay up. I emailed Bectu and they emailed the following:

I should advise that if your claim is for less than £3000 then ultimately we would not take them to court as it would be a small claims action. We would still pursue the company through our normal process but if this is unsuccessful it would be for you to pursue a smalls claims action. If it is for more than £3000 then we could pursue legal action to recover it assuming the case meets the usual legal criteria set by BECTU.

Their normal process ends up with the company going onto the "ask first" list.

To be honest, its soooo easy just to do this on the internet. All you do is sign up, enter the information about the claim and they get a letter in the post telling them to pay or else. The beauty of it is that it costs nothing to do, as the 'defendant' pays for it when they send you your money - although you will need to pay an initial fee until you get it back... Its also dead easy to do, fill in about 4 forms on the internet, and your done...

It can't really be abused, and is fantastic for putting the sh!ts up people, and even better, destroying their credit rating :D :)

Archived