12volt led bulbs

eamon

Hi all

I am in the process of wiring up some masks for the spooky self contained lighting.

I was intending to use 12volt dichroics via a battery etc. The electrics end of it is no problem but when I collected the items today, I found out that 2 of the masks are made totally of glue. They look great but I have this sinking feeling tha the light (12v 50w MR 16) will eat it up in no time.... The show is running for 4 weeks with approx 32 performances etc.

My problem is that I am committed to wiring the units via a birdie. Is there a 12volt LED birdie (or similiar) about? It has to be 12volt (or less) due to actor carrying it around etc.

I am searching as we speak but am wondering if anybody knew of a direct LED replacement for a 12volt MR16.

cheers

eamon

If you are handy with a soldering iron, you could always buy a 'Happy ######' pcb from Big Clives shop. You could solder all white LEDs, or use RGB LEDs and one of his controllers for a nice colour-changing effect. The pcbs are the same diameter as an MR16, so should fit nicely into a birdie.

The main advantage of LEDs is that they consume alot less power so your battery can be smaller. A small moped battery from Halfords will be easier to hide in a costume than a great big car battery. Easier to lift too...

Edit : It appears that the forum automatically censors posts. The censored word is the name of a male chicken...

Archived