Live sound EFX units

london sound

Before you all leap in think about this very carefully.

On tour recently I came across lots of different EFX units and it it set me thinking, is there an EFX unit designed with live sound as the priority rather than as after thought? As far as I'm aware every unit is designed for studio or instruments, for instance SPX for studio and Alesis for instruments.

So is there a Pro EFX unit designed primarily for Live sound?

Ian

Never run across any, specifically designed units, I like my three-pack tho

yamaha spx900

Lexicon mpx1

lexicon alex(cheap cheerful but wonderful plate algorithm)

User fiendly enough for a live situation

The tc m-one is a dream to use

and I enjoy the 80's (korg etc) delays with loads of knobs instead of menu systems, much better for live!

Owen

Sounds like you're after a seperates style EFX like you have a seperate comp. and separate gate. <- is that it ? if so no idea I'm afraid. Behringer come from more of a stage use background <- not really pro in some peoples eyes though. The other thing is using MIDI, I would think - like get a MIDI foot pedal and control the access to sounds off of that ? no ? Hope I've helped a little rather than babbled, and sorry if I have

I think you have all missed the point.

Is there a unit designed pimarily for Live use?

I do not want a list of favorites etc..

As I said having used lots of different units on tour both good and bad I was wondering "is there a unit designed pimarily for Live use?"

Ian

The TC Electronics M-300 are designed for live I think as all the controls are accesible on the front panel not via menus but can be stored in scenes.

I rate it quite highly I use two m300's and a spx 900 in my rack and id call it pro kit!

Hope thats answering the question

Archived