where can i buy

gillian

im doing a show entitled The Life of Stuff at rsamd just now and I need a bottle of mirage im unsure what type of drink it is and after research can't find a thing, does anyone know were I might be able to find one.

Also I need cermola foam or something that will make it look like the actor is frothing at the mouth.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

cheers gillian

I remember (but never drank it) Mirage as an alcoholic drink designed for people who didn't like alcohol in the mid 1980's - it was marketed as part of a "double act" with something called "Taboo". It was a kind of predecessor of the alcopops of the '90s. I think it would have been produced by one of the multinational breweries but I'm afraid I can't remember which one. try googling "mirage+taboo+alcohol".

Idon't know anything about the foam I'm afraid.

The mouth foam can be bought from most joke shops in little capsules...alternatively, loads of sherbet from a dib-dab does the trick just as well, just make sure the actor has had a glass of water recently...

Look in off licences near the Taboo & Cherry Brandy etc. If you are still having trouble finding Mirage, New World Wines in Southsea stock it. They seem to have quite a range of unusual drinks. They are wholesale so I dont know what their minimum order is but if you explain your predicament, you should be able to get round that.

Archived