Effects generator for Strand

TeeJay

I remember a discussion online not so long ago about Strand releasing an effects generator for their consoles.

Has this happened yet? And is any good?

Yes, it's happened. It appeared in release 2.6a, and the current release (2.6c) has improved it slightly.

It's OK - not brilliant, but at least it's there and it does what it says on the tin.

You need to do an extra bit of fixture patching to enable it. The interface is very unwieldy, and takes quite a bit of thinking about in order to get one's head around it. Extensive use of macros and assignable keys to simplify some of the more tedious keystroke sequences is essential to avoid severe finger and brain fatigue during programming. Movement has a tendency to be a bit jerky sometimes.

On the whole, though, the Effects Engine in my Hog2 runs rings (and squares, and spirals, and fly-outs, and etc. etc.) around it! :D

On the whole, though, the Effects Engine in my Hog2 runs rings (and squares, and spirals, and fly-outs, and etc. etc.) around it!  :D

Another fine example of one getting what one pays for eh Gareth? The HogII is a truely splendid desk and knocks the socks off any, and I mean ANY strand desk when it comes to control of moving lights. A used HOGII is going to set you back in the region of £8,000+, compared to a new Strand desk....... its no wonder the Pearl was so popular.

Archived