Strand LBX death

Nick S

I've got a Strand LBX I'm trying to coax back to life. We dug it out of a cupboard a few weeks ago to replace a broken Leprecon board, powered it up, and it seemed fine. We had an error upon start-up about one of the internal batteries (...I assume for the clock?), but once dismissed the board was perfectly happy.

Yesterday it just died. You turn it on, nothing happens except for the internal LCD backlight coming on. Any thoughts? Anything I can try? Or should I just throw it on the trash heap? I've got very little in the way of parts, since they weren't exactly common in the USA even when they were state of the art.

Hi Nick,

Just in case, check out this thread from a couple of years ago - it'd be worth trying the "reset" technique I described then (the GSX and LBX are essentially the same desk). May also be worth replacing the internal battery (see the same thread) as it's probably a part you can get hold of for a few dollars, before you dump the desk...

Cheers,

Ben

I have a working GSX. Interesting to resetting it.

Mine runs 1.2g, but the disks I got with it are all 1.2b :-)

Can anybody let me have a copy of the English language 1.2g disk?

I might need oit one day.

Cheers

Gerry

I don't know the desk but it might be worth looking inside to ensure any connectors, cables and chips haven't worked loose on the PCB.

edit: Ah, that was mentioned in post 8 of the aforementioned thread, now I've looked at it, Oh well..... Read before posting, as they say :rolleyes:

Archived