Wanted - Pyro Control

Lincoln

Any of you got an old Le Maitre "C3D" and PSU sitting idle needing a new home ?

Wanted to add to equipment for training courses.

... would appreciate a call or mail.

Lincoln

Just FX

We have an old Le Maitre controller lying around in the depths of our store....but I cannot for the life of me remember which model! If I can fish it out I'll see what I can do for you...I believe it is a basic 2 channel one, is this the type you are after?

... regretfully not.

The C3D is a single output unit that could optionally be connected to a ten channel switchboard. We have lots of switchboards but would like to increase the controllers if we can find any out there... circa 1985+

You might like to edit your post so that the good name of Brian does not appear to be linked or associated in any way with this scarey piece of equipment.

Lincoln

... still looking and thanks for the tip.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah the C3D - what a piece of kit that was!!

Unfortunately our 2 that we have in our show stock have died (no you cant have them Linc!!), such a shame, it was a extremely powerful piece of pyro equipment.

I wonder if we were to start making it again would people by it now? It was not very popular when it was in production - mainly because everyone was using small amounts of pyroflash product, but now that ProStage 2 has taken off like Concorde, I wonder if there is a market for a high capacity firing system?

For those of you that can't remember it:

10 channels

Capacitive discharge

Battery operated

Rechargable

Powerful - officially 100 igniters in series on 100m of bell wire - in reality lots more!!

Pass fail and no fire indicators

charge status inditers.

series wired switches (bit controversial - but I have no problems with it)

I will see if I can post the full specs later.

Let me know what you think.

Mark

Archived