Jester ML 24

Joe Bleasdale

Hi all,

I am in the stages of planning GREASE for school. I am using 18 generics, 8 of which include scrollers, 8 MAC 550/575s. Now I am going to have quite a few chases and effect in the show. What I am wondering is can I have more than one effect running at the same time? e.g CUE 1 starts ballyhoo, CUE 2 adds a colour chase with scrolers, then cue 3 stops all effects.

Also is tagging and untagging, like clearing the programmer on a HOG. I mean, all in the programmer is recored, a block cue, If the parameter or fixture is tagged it will be recorded?? Clear the programmer, everything untags?

thanks

Hi all,

I am in the stages of planning GREASE for school. I am using 18 generics, 8 of which include scrollers, 8 MAC 550/575s. Now I am going to have quite a few chases and effect in the show. What I am wondering is can I have more than one effect running at the same time? e.g CUE 1 starts ballyhoo, CUE 2 adds a colour chase with scrolers, then cue 3 stops all effects.

It would be easiest to place these chases onto submasters and manually trigger them. It is however possible to create what you describe, as the position effects are treated as extra attributes on the fixture (effect type, size x, size y, speed, rotation, offset) and are therefore programmed differently to a chase.

Also is tagging and untagging, like clearing the programmer on a HOG. I mean, all in the programmer is recored, a block cue, If the parameter or fixture is tagged it will be recorded?? Clear the programmer, everything untags?

Not quite. The Jester ML range have what we call Partial level programming, which means you can specify what gets recorded into each Memory, Submaster, Palette etc. The Tag/Untag button is used to force parameters to become tagged or untagged as required. There is no concept of a "programmer" on the Jester ML range - changed attributes are treated Latest Takes Precidence and so to send them to another value you must retrigger a scene or palette, or home the fixture. The Leap Frog 48, Leap Frog 96 + Frog 2 have a more Hog style Programmer with a Clear function as you describe.

Hope this helps,

Archived