1ch Atomic on Hog III

JDP

Hi,

I am trying to patch 1ch Atomics on a Hog III.

I have patched 'Atomic Strobe' which seems to be a 4ch version, theres 'Atomic Strobe 3ch' which as the name suggests is a 3ch version.

Theres also 'Atomic Strobe+Scroller' which seems to be on channel, I guess they presume you use the scroller and strobe on the same channel.

I have looked in the libraries on the website, and they only have the above 3 items in. I also looked at patching a strobe under Generic items, but these s

seem to be more than one channel, so I am a tad scuppered. I really don't want to use Desk Channels...

Can anyone help?*

Cheers

J

*Anyone who has ACTUAL console experience, home versions of Hog 3 PC don't count, I need to get this right here, so I am looking for people who HAVE ACTUALLY USED the desk and strobes together in this way.

Can you not set the strobes to 3ch version?

I can vouch for the HogIII and Atomic3000s working fine in 3ch mode.

It also gives you control over the intensity, against the 'on / off' of 1ch mode.

One solution (which I cant test until next at work) would be patching in 3ch mode on the desk, only using the first channel (intensity) between 2% - 98%.

The martin manual is here : http://www.martin.com/service/downloadfile....pdf&cat=65

I'll see what I can do about 1ch mode next when at work.

Thanks, but no I can't put them in 3ch mode, otherwise I wouldn't of asked :pissedoff:

I am completely rammed for Atomics and need to get them in somehow. Plus there is another desk with everything already patched which takes priority over this one, and its been patched as 1ch.

Your best bet will be to make a new personality for the 1ch version or contact steve denim at FPS and he'll create the personality for the 1ch Version.

The DMX protocol is in the manual and is very simple to make a personality from.

Hope this is of help. Vary rarely use them in 1Ch mode but this has worked for me in the past.

Archived