LED's for gauze light?

tom_the_LD

Hi guys,

Got a school competition coming up called 'college cabaret'. In this competition the 6 houses team up into 3 groups (so 2 in each group) to form 3 larger groups who then write a musical and have to stage it. In this, all of the three groups are using the gauze.

Now, my plan is to light behind the gauze with four LED PAR 36's - http://www.thomann.de/gb/stairville_led_pa...alu_poliert.htm these ones here.

Do you think they would be bright enough? I might have 4 of those and then a 300W PAR 56 with a colour in it to just add to it a little.

I would love to try it out and see but I can't start rigging until a couple of weeks and I don't want to find out at the last minute that it would be too dim.

Just wondering if anyone else here had done it?

Cheers

Tom

I have a stage about the same size, but much deeper. I have similar events where I like to light the gauze, may I suggest some LED blinders? This means you could put the up in the sky either firing onto the gauze or down on it. I know someone who did this an it worked a treat.

hth

It is highly unlikely to be enough. I did a similar thing recently with genericy LED fixture things (in a S4 par type shell), and to make it look good it took about 1 placed every foot, even then the light quality had diminished significantly by the 10 foot up mark. Care also had to be taken to avoid any front light on it because that obviously washed the effect out.

Looked cool doing spread colour changing things though.

Simon

Sorry about the spelling Paul.

So the general sense of opinion is that they won't be bright enough then?

What about if used with a couple of patt 60's with a dark blue in (combines with say red from all four LED's.) Something like Lee 079? Or would the Patt 60's just blast the LED's out the water?

Archived