Kick Drum Mic Recommendations

Jonathan Mellor

Third though, you can't make a kit sound like something it's not. If a kit is thumpy and wet, all the mic technique in the world isn't going to make it sound like a perfectly tuned DW kit.

Bob

Or if the drummer is playing them badly…………..

I did this small pub gig once where one of the bands was moaning about the drum sound despite the fact that the headlining band were getting a great sound. All I did was get my A2 who just happens to be an excellent drummer to get up and play some solos.

After picking jaws up from the floor they wanted to know how he got the same drums to sound so good!

Ohh just to chip my 2p in. I tend to go for a D112 on a clamp I made which is just a K&M drum clip with a shortened goose neck, it gets the mic in a nice place within the drum so all I have to do is move it slightly. Also no mic stand on stage and when the drummer moves the kick to change his pedal it does not need re adjusting

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived