Strand Tempus dimmers - Weight?

mutley

Hi, I've just bought some Strand Tempus dimmers off ebay, which I intend to convert to Socapex output, and still keep the price below that of hiring two dimmers for a week! ;)

The thing is, I need to know their weight for the courier, and cannot find it anywhere - even after a couple of hours on Google! :P

Anybody any idea what weight a 10A/5 pack is?

Thx.

If I remember correctly the Tempus rating plate was also stamped with a weight just under the fuses, 17.5Kgs (without cable) you just need to check the plate when you get hold of them as its quite a few years since I've used any Tempus gear.

As for the Socapex idea, I converted one a long tme ago, I found the best positon for the socket is on the opposite face to the fuses on the side, the wiring part is easy, you can either disconnect one row of sockets, or if you buy 'piggy back' crimp terminals you can double up from the socket feed wiring.

Thanks guys, I actually found one on ebay that I didn't win that had the weight specified at 17.5kg. :)

Luckilly I got 5m of 34 core mains cable, and 5m of 12 core mains cable from the local scrapyard for less than a tenner!!! :) So my plan is to have a length of cable from the dimmer, then a metal box with 3 15A sockets on it, then another length of cable to another metal box with 3 more 15A sockets on it.

Before you ask, it's half the price to buy a metal box and mount the panel mount sockets (dimmer style) in it, rather than have cable glands and trailing sockets, which would still have to come out the box anyway! :idea:

By the time I've finished the modifications, the TWO dimmers with 63A plugs, Socapex connectors, diecast metal boxes, sockets, etc should come to about £100!!!! :D ...Which I can PAT test (yes, I'm qualified) and "lend out for donations"!

Archived