Old Stuff Wanted Or Even Broken Equipment

strandman

Hi

Recently I have been trying to source old equipment mainly lighting as my school stuff sucks and the budget is non existent in the 4 years ive been there we have bought 4 par cans so if anyone has some freebie fixtures leave a message below or PM me

Sorry to hijack this thread, but I'm sure it's ok considering the distance, I live in the Glasgow area and would also be interested in this.

I enjoy the challenge of fixing a broken piece of electronics too, so I would be happy to take broken equipment off your hands.

This would be for my church, as we have no lighting budget.

Colin C

The OP has now asked twice for equipment for his school and had no responses.

It's probably worth noting that asking for equipment for your own school in a public forum could suggest to people something about your school? Are they aware you are doing this? It sounds simple, but many schools have very strict rules on donated equipment, and would need to get any old stuff given to them tested, which of course could cost them money anyway. Schools do have considerable budgets available to them - it may just be that nobody in authority recognises the need. It might me worth attempting to get your teachers to request some investment. After all - if you are running any programmes that require equipment, then the school will have already promised to resource the programme - this is all quite complex, and frankly, outside of the kind of information that students are privvy to. Enlist your teachers help.

As this topic has stalled - I will close it for now. Feel free to contact any of the mod team if there is value in re-opening it.

Archived