Rental Point

JDP

Hi All,

Just a quick question...

We currently run Rental Point here, and are having some issues. The main one being that 16A cables are kept under their own category. If we have two jobs going out, ie lighting and general power distribution then if we need 20 10M 16A cables for each, we would have to enter on 40 in total.

So, has anyone found a good way round this in RP, to clearly show which belong where?

I thought of making cables generic items and using a -Lighting or -Distro to put in manually, but wondered if that would work on the prep list, or if it would just show 10M 16A Cable - Lighting or something silly...

Can anyone help?

PS; People who know what they are doing only, ie people who actually have used RP. I don't like 'what ifs' and 'I guess'es.. If I wanted to guess or do a what if I would of done it myself before hand ;)

JDP - yes I can help, in the product setup window; drag n drop the cables to the components tab of the product that the 16A cables go with, enter 20 as the quantity, check the "optional" checkbox if they are optional or leave unchecked if standard. Then whenever a product is selected that requires the 10m 16A cables is selected then 20 cables will be added, if they are optional then they will be prompted for. There are a few other tricks that can be used if this method is not suitable, for example you can include the entire 16a cable category in the component tab and then select which cable you want when required.

If you want the prep list to add the 10M 16A cables together then select the 'consolidate' option.

Please send your Rentalpoint questions to support@rentp.com as this forum is not monitored.

Moderation: How odd? - Very often we have questions on this kind of subject, and as we have fairly tight rules on commercial posts, manufacturers or distributors frequently ask to become Commercial Members, which allows them the lattitude to answer exactly this kind of query. Rentalpoint don't monitor this forum? Is it me, or by answering JDPs query, they just showed they did, but don't want to do it anymore?

This topic will drift into the archives soon, and only by searching will it ever be found - if the searcher uses exactly the right keyword. Seems a shame to cut off an obvious source of genuine queries?

Archived