building speaker cabs advice needed

minitechy

hi all

I have a few components I would like to put together to better my rig and may need a push in the right direction,

I have:-

4 x precision devices PD154

2 x Fane collossus 15XB

2 x Renkus Heinz 60x40 horn flairs

2 x 2" compression drivers [matching pair] (forgotten make but will add this info asap. could well be PD!)

1 x 2" celestion compression driver (forgotten model but again will add asap)

most of my work is for live bands.

my initial idea is to build a pair of dual 15" cabs with 2x pd154 and the matching CD's and horns and the possible addition of a supertweeter if needed????

is this a good idea or not?

I have searched and searched and have only managed to find one cab design that looks any good. am I looking in the wrong places?

I have a fantastic carpenter/cabinet maker on my side so complicated designs shouldnt be a problem.

ALL COMMENTS WELCOME!!!

Thanks in advance

Elliot

The Guys over at speakerplans.com/forum are better suited for this one I think.

Josh

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Add to that.

The HD15 Horn from the Aforementioned site is a good starting point for a large system and is designed for the PD 154 it is only a single 15" but it isn't hard to turn it into a HD215. I don't think it is best to build everything as one cab but better to break it up in to lots of smaller more managable chunks.

All of the Info you need is on Speaker Plans.

Just post exactly as you have here and they will be a great help.

Josh

The Guys over at speakerplans.com/forum are better suited for this one I think.

Josh

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

Add to that.

The HD15 Horn from the Aforementioned site is a good starting point for a large system and is designed for the PD 154 it is only a single 15" but it isn't hard to turn it into a HD215. I don't think it is best to build everything as one cab but better to break it up in to lots of smaller more managable chunks.

All of the Info you need is on Speaker Plans.

Just post exactly as you have here and they will be a great help.

Josh

Thanks,

I think the HD 15's are out of the question as I need mid/high's rather than just low freq. Is building the X 15 cab to load with the PD154's a bad idea?

cheers

elliot

Remember with the HD15's that you will have to have a High pass filter making sure they don't recieve any frequencies below 52 Hz and a Low pass filter making sure they don't recieve any frequiencies above 180 Hz.

All the analogue crossovers I have come across can't do this so you will need to get a Loudspeaker Management System (LMS) such as the Behringer Ultradrive DCX2496 just don't get the Drive Rack PA as it has a habit of damaging your drivers.

Josh

Archived