Custom Speaker Covers

aidso

Looking for custom covers like cut and hemed sheets of heavy tarp to cover the back of speakers. Speakers in question are EV XLC 127DVX we had some out last weekend in "the Rain" and lost a few drivers. So looking covers we can put on the front overnight and the back all the time. Have seen these for GEO-t.

Looking for custom covers like cut and hemed sheets of heavy tarp to cover the back of speakers. Speakers in question are EV XLC 127DVX we had some out last weekend in "the Rain" and lost a few drivers. So looking covers we can put on the front overnight and the back all the time. Have seen these for GEO-t.

Try http://www.cplfelthams.co.uk for custom covers

I've just taken delivery of a set of 6 custom made covers for my speakers.

2 x mackie sa1521's, 2 x mackie srm350's and 2 x EV SXA100+'s

Covers were made to my measurements, they have velcro-removeable (well, roll up-able) flaps at the rear to uncover the heatsink's if required and are made of a slightly lighter material than trailer covers, but heavier than gore-tex and I'm very very happy!

The company in question are Pro-Tec in Bradford. Fraid I don't have any contact details to hand.

They make covers for everything, trailers, caravans, gliders, helicopters.

I bought these 6 along with some other custom covers for other projects (miniature railway engines to be precise) but these 6 came to £150. Price may be slightly more if not buying other things as well though.

I imagine you will have considered it already, but try and make sure the handles are still accessible under the covers, its bad enough dealing with big heavy speakers as it is, without someone adding a cover over the top that not only covers the handles, but also allows the speaker inside to slide about while you're trying to lift it via the cover. Saying that I've seen some very neat ones that reveal all the handles and just velcro back and open up in various places (they were for ones on poles), but you could have it rigged and open or close the covers as necessary.

Archived