johndenim

What do you use?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which one?

• Standard battery (non alkaline)
    • Alkaline
    • Re-chargeable
    • more than one type

With PP3's older equipment is less tolerant of the lower voltage (8.4v) and can last no longer than 20 minutes. (Been there suffered that)

If your equipment is newer this is less of an issue as manufacturers (in particular radio mics) have adopted tolerances that accept the lower voltages.

I must just be lucky then, 2 or my beyerdunamic (Trantec) VHFs are 11 years old at least, and 2 8 years old.

I also have some sennheiser S2003, really old, as yet untested on rechargables, then 2 Trantec S4.5s, these really chew batteries, even a procell wont do 2 shows, and then 2 AKG WMS40s, these will do 24Hrs on rechargables, but they are deisgned to use them.

Procells for me, but that's due to the nature of my work. Sometimes I'm using them on shows, often they're out as dry hire. If I send out rechargables and a charger, they wont come back, it's far easier to just put batteries in and tell them to supply their own replacements.

My Radio mics have just done 3 shows over this weekend and all barring 1 is still on 3 bars of battery. (Senn 300 G2's).

Rob

Archived