Does anybody know of....

soundo26

anybody who has an old Sennheiser 416type Rycote/pistol grip for sale at a reasonable price??

Don't know if anyone on here gets invilved in location video sound, but it's worth a try!!

PM me or mail me on soundo26@hotmail.co.uk if you can help.

cheers

The people on eBay have always delivered quickly and at a good price. The things to consider are that the materials are usually a bit lower quality too. So plastic moulding is a bit crude. The matte box I bought was aluminium and had oxidised a bit before they sprayed it, so some black is now flaking off. I've stipped a screw - the metal was just a little weak and over enthusiastic tightening broke it. If you can live with this, and don't need solid German engineering, the price is cheap enough to be worth a gamble. They do a complete kit for less than £100 with boom, zepplin, mount and hairy cover - so at some stage I will get one just as backup.

Thanks for that Paulears, I'll go have another look, didn't realise the boom was included too.

I've been trying to build a location kit for ages but I don't know how the major manufacturers justify £300 for a few bits of injection moulded plastic and a bit of furry fabric, I'm surprised that there aren't other manufacturers making them!

Archived