Le Maitre XS

Jon T

Hey. I have a le maitre XS and it's spose to clean when I swicth the off button but when I switch it to off it instantly shuts down. I am switching the haze button off not the mains ok !! ** laughs out loud **. I was just wondering if there is another way to clean it manually so I can get the full effect of the unit. If so what or how should I clean it??

cheers

jon

the fan gets very clogged and reduces air flow, strip it out and hoover or even better wash the fan drum.

inside the casing where the fluid goes you should find a cleaning stick taped to the side. there is a rubber cap over a hole neer the element remove the cap and insert the cleaning stick into the element ( I think from memory it might sugest using a battery drill to turn it)

also from memory when you switch off the haxe switch it flashes the led and continues hazing for a couple of seconds. can't be sure without going to look at one, if you think yours is not cleaning properly I would phone lemaitre service dept. and ask them what it should do

Whilst we are on the subject of le maitre, does anybody know a "cheapy" way of controlling the XS hazer without buying/hiring the DMX interface?? could I put a 3pin on/off switch controller in the input port?

cheers

jon

the socket for the DMX decoder recieves an analogue 0 to 10v from the decoder, voltage is suplied on the other pin so it is easy to knock up a simple remote with a few resisdters and a switch

I built one recently and all you have to do is put a switch across pins 2 and 3, there is sometime a delay of about a minute if it is running a cleaning cycle but it works fine for us.

Archived