T4 on the beach

lonfire

hi all,

any idea who did sound for T4 on the beach?

the FOH PA was terrible.. the line arrays were swinging so much that the resulting comb filtering meant it sounded terrible! you were better off behind the delay lines or right at the back of the venue by the LED screen.. a couple of well placed rachets to stop the lateral swing would have made one hell of a difference..

although the whole event was generaly terrible.. all bands miming (or singing over backing), gaps inbetween "performances".. the audience was purely there to be used by C4 to get good TV footage.. they really hadn't thought about making it a good event for the punters.. terrible event production generaly.. random C4 adverts and crap video footage/interviews from last year also.. no flow or continuity.. obviously the bands weren't happy either..

only went cos one of the young lads that works for me had some spare tickets.. they should save their money and goto a proper music event..

chris

The Miming thing REALLY gets on my nerves. Especially from acts that I have seen perform live (who do a good job of it). There is no need for it AT ALL. No excuses. Nothing wrong with a bit of track from a 4 piece band who's album tracks have alsorts of extras in. But to mime pretty much the entire thing which alot if not all the acts were doing is bang out of order.

You could tell from the bit I saw on tv (on in the background whilst making a few cables up) that the bands were extremely hacked off with the entire thing. The Zutons being the perfect example. And rightly so.

No comment on the sound, I wasn't there, can't comment on the broadcast mix, I listened through a tv.

hi all,

any idea who did sound for T4 on the beach?

the FOH PA was terrible.. the line arrays were swinging so much that the resulting comb filtering meant it sounded terrible! you were better off behind the delay lines or right at the back of the venue by the LED screen.. a couple of well placed rachets to stop the lateral swing would have made one hell of a difference..

although the whole event was generaly terrible.. all bands miming (or singing over backing), gaps inbetween "performances".. the audience was purely there to be used by C4 to get good TV footage.. they really hadn't thought about making it a good event for the punters.. terrible event production generaly.. random C4 adverts and crap video footage/interviews from last year also.. no flow or continuity.. obviously the bands weren't happy either..

only went cos one of the young lads that works for me had some spare tickets.. they should save their money and goto a proper music event..

chris

Pretty sure it was SSE. Has been in the past and it looked like Nexo geo T on the delays at least (main hangs were hidden/scrimmed).

To give 'em credit it was a very blustery day on a beach in July so the sound will have been very phasy(?) / washy sound anyway.

The Zutons set was a bit odd as the singer was not the singer, it was the guitarist! Not sure of the story on that one but very surreal moment and embarrasing to watch.

It was SSE because they used their Nexo Geo T Line Arrays and their have the easy remove mic clips.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

It was SSE because they used their Nexo Geo T Line Arrays and their have the easy remove mic clips.

No comment on the sound, I wasn't there, can't comment on the broadcast mix, I listened through a tv.

Actually you have every right to comment on the broadcast mix, after all you were listening to it through the intended medium.

Sadly I forgot to watch it this year, my general comment on would be that the first year was awful - really showed up the the production crew had never managed a live OB before, and ever since they've done better.

Kris

Archived