Sennheiser ew152 non G2 and G2

johndenim

I have for sale a Sennheiser ew152 headset system.

It is advertised in the classifieds section, ( :) ) and I have been asked the question, "whats the difference between this and the newer g2 model?

To be completely honest I really don't know, It does not have the 'pilot' feature, but I don't know what that is either!

Can any of you fine gentlemen please help?

The mic is the same, (me3) as well as most of the features.

Thanks,

John Denim.

The later senns have different displays and different menus, also different battery options and battery life...just an upgraded tweaked unit. There are instructions telling you how to ensure the older and newer ones can be interchanged, ie using a new tx with an old rx and vice versa.

The pilot is present on the later ones and helps the receiver to detect the transmitter to 'release' the squelch/muting and drive the diversity circuit. A tx with pilot working with rx without should have the pilot turned off, all this is mentioned in the leaflet.

Thanks Kev, does this mean the original would be inferior in sound quality?

I didn't have any problems regarding rf, the diversity and clarity was always good.

I ask because I don't want to sell this to someone if it is not as good, sound quality being the main criteria.

The ME3 is used in the G2 model, so that must mean something?

John Denim.

Basically a few new fancy features of which some are useful, others really aren't. The older ones are still very good, more than useable, infact in many cases they are preferable with the metal belt packs that seem to feel alot sturdier than the new plastic ones of the G2, they are however somewhat heavier because of it.

AA batteries are much cheaper than pp3 also. But then again, when you buy in bulk, procell pp3 shouldn't cost you more than 70p or so a piece, it really isn't the end of the world.

All in all, they're good units. Actually....I'm off to look in the for sale section.

Archived