VHF Radio Mic cable and connectors

timtheenchanteruk

I believe it is 50 ohms.

Quote from sos.

"VHF systems all use 50ohm connectors and cables. For good system performance it is important to use the correct impedance cables and connectors otherwise losses will occur in your system."

John Denim.

Confirming that all the manufacturers I have used personally use 50 ohm--but to be 100% certain we'd need to know the make and model because there could the odd exception to this.

Bob

As a (very) general rule of thumb, your domestic equipment (particularly tv stuff) will be 75R whilst the professional audio kit (including radio mic's) will be 50R. This can differ with the occasional odd manufacturer, but I've never seen one myself!

Afraid aviation is my technical background and we definately use 50R cable. I'm ground based so it could be that the on-board stuff is 75R, though I'd very much doubt it.

Perhaps some of the air band scanners are 75R, however I'd class them as domestic pieces of kit. I'll do a bit of research!

Archived