Hanging Plasmas On Trussing

SYB

hi

I'm hiring some plasmas with trussing brackets. I want to hang them on lighting trussing. Is it a simple hook it over the bar tighting it up the other side plus add safety chains. Is it the same as using a lighting clamp?

Two questions:

Which brackets are you using?

Which Plasma screens are using?

I assume you mean something like this?

Your screen may not have safety suspension points built in and therefore you may just have to attach the safety to the bracket somehow.

Frazer

I would put a pint on the brackets being from Unicol. That is likely to narrow it down to either the Hook clamp, which won't generally give to much angle off the vertical, or off the natural angle once the plasma is on it, or the saddle clamp, that runs the risk of crimping the truss. Again it's unlikely to give much angle. There is also typically no safety point on Plasma Panels, and the unicol brackets are designed to be over engineered, to the point that I'd expect the safety to go first. In all likely hood if the mounts for the panel fail at the connection to the bracket, then they will also have gone to the safety. Handles are not rated safety points (unless marked as so!).

I hate hanging lcd/plasma screens, even though the VESA/Plate and bolts style mount is standard it never gives me a sense of security. I liked the old style where you had a yoke and cradle style frame, felt much more secure. I maybe just old but you cant beat a good bit of metal. Unicol stuff is built from girders and will see us all off

Cliveybaby

Archived