Gauss Compression Drivers

live

I am rebuilding my old EAW rig (BBD's) after years of retirement and have a problem, 3 of the 2" compression drivers need replacing they are GAUSS 375's (not standard EAW) , they were used (if memory serves me well) by JBL in the 90's. I'm after any imformation or source for replacement drivers.Any info would be greatly appreciated

g ;)

I am rebuilding my old EAW rig (BBD's) after years of retirement and have a problem, 3 of the 2" compression drivers need replacing they are GAUSS 375's (not standard EAW) , they were used (if memory serves me well) by JBL in the 90's. I'm after any imformation or source for replacement drivers.Any info would be greatly appreciated

g ;)

as far as I know Gauss are not around any more,I had a couple of 15"drivers to replace myself.shame good speakers in there day,thers a website called audio workshop, they do speaker replacements,based in the uk,might be worth a try

I claim no more knowledge than that which Google has blessed me with, but this link to ebay has at least a picture for everyone. You could even buy them from the US I guess.

Other than that, it seems you are right about the JBL connection and if you search for JBL 375 you get the same item.

So, perhaps you could contact JBL? I'd suggest calling them though. You need to get through to someone who 'really' knows what they're talking about.

My contacts list is well out of date, so hopefully someone else can suggest a good point of contact for you.

If all that fails then you could always re-wire and use some Maplin piezos......

Archived