Low power confetti cannon

peter

Hi

I'm trying to work out a low power confetti drop effect, for an upcoming show. Trouble is, the ceiling height of the stage area is around 15'. Will a small maroon in a standard confetti cannon be too strong? Are there any quiet/small height effects? Ideally we want to reuse the confetti each performance.

Peter

On low roof drops ballons can be very usefull.

Put the confetti in the balloon and pop it using a pyro igniter taped to the side of the ballon, it works suprisingley well and can be sequenced to give a cascade type

of efect.

You really ought to come and see us as we have 150+ 1" handheld compressed air cannons for fetti and streamers and 50+ 2" Electric cannons for same...

You could also consider Fetti Airbursts which work well in low ceiling environments and still give you a bit of a "crack" at they are fired...

Lincoln

Just FX

Peter,

Be careful about re-using the confetti - you'd be suprised what specs of dirt and rubbish you pick up off the floor when you sweep it up, and this being put back into the mix and possibly shot into someones eyes is painful to say the least.

If you are going to go the home made route instead of a pyro based system, the extra few pence spent on a bigger bag of confetti or a few more man hours spent making it yourselves are quite easily offset against the chance of a potentially nasty eye injury.

I'm not sure how "approved" this would be now, but we used to regularly make miniature confetti / glitter cannons by taking a short length of structural steel scaff, grinding a notch at one end before welding a base plate over that end (the notch is to allow the flying leads of the pyro to come out). weld on a bracket to bolt the "cannon" to the set, then load and fire exactly as its commercial big brother, but using a microdet instead of a maroon. This used to produce a glitter or confetti plume about 8 ft high. - we used a standard le maitre firing system and of course observed all the safety procedures - no-go firing zone, clear line of sight for operator, etc. and over the course of three years this system must have been used in 200 or so performances with no mishap other than the occasional non functioning microdet.

I would certainly like to see a range of pyrotechnic effects on this sort of scale - (including flashes, gerbs etc as well as confetti) - most of the standard stuff is far too big for the sort of shows I might use them in. Anyone know if such a thing is ever likely to be available?

With regard to the re-use of confetti, dirt is a big risk, however.....

the big garden sieves (look like a section of an oil drum) will quite happily filter the bigger confettit flakes, and I'm sure you can get a smaller grade one. It's not ideal...but if you HAVE to re-use your confetti, then this will make it a fair bit safer

With regard to the re-use of confetti, dirt is a big risk, however.....

the big garden sieves (look like a section of an oil drum) will quite happily filter the bigger confettit flakes, and I'm sure you can get a smaller grade one. It's not ideal...but if you HAVE to re-use your confetti, then this will make it a fair bit safer

or you could jus get the work experience kid to sit there and pick all the confeti up piece by piece... :** laughs out loud **:

Archived