Cans with glasses

pritch

I'm normally a contact lens wearer, but today I forgot them and ended up bespectacled.

Having spent a while on cans this evening... ow! I found it really uncomfortable, with the earpiece pressing my ear into the arm of my glasses. Aside from remembering to put my contacts in next time, does anyone have any ideas on making it more comfortable?

Some of our headsets are very tight, so if I'm not going to take it off, I LX tape the arm to the outside of the headset.

This may sound strange, but I've found it works - it stays on your head, though you do get a slightly slanted view of the world!

Chris

I think it has something to do with the type of frames you have. My last pair of glasses cost the best part of £400, but they are very lightweight considering my very myopic prescription. The arms are no more than 2mm thick, which means that I had completely forgotten about the problem you just mentioned!

My older, thicker framed glasses would dig in. I just used to go off cans when there wasn't anything to do for a while. I also tend to wear cans upside down, as I prefer to listen to the stage with my left ear, and most headsets don't allow you to swing the mic arm.

I've worn glasses all my life and have never noticed the problem despite wearing a huge variety of headsets over the years.

This must mean it either comes down to head shape or the type of frames you buy. Since you can't change your head, let's hope it's the frames. Why not borrow a set of the offending cans and take them to your local optical shop for some experimenting.

Bob

I have had the same problem for some time now, and it has become so bad in some cases that I have ended up with a massive headache as a result. To overcome this I ended up forking out for a set of Beyerdynamic DT-108's and have found them to be extremely comfortable. Obviously after excessive amounts of time wearing them without taking them off they do become uncomfortable, but I think that is a problem whether you have glasses or not.

I've worn glasses for a long time and not had any problems with the Canford or Bayers we use, but have had major grief with telex ones.

The telex ones seem to be far to rigid and compress not just my ears but my temples as well, causing headaches and in one case a migraine.

Cheers everyone. Nice to know that at least I'm not alone!

This must mean it either comes down to head shape or the type of frames you buy.

Wouldn't surprise me if it's my head shape, actually. I do have an unusually shaped, massive swede.

I've always had the same problem - One pair of cans was so bad that I poked a thumping great needle through the ear cusion & dug the foam away from where my glasses' arm passed.

Probably broke severial H&S(Hygiene) rules, but it worked a treat - In fact I didn't realise quite how well 'til I put them on fore side back one day.

Pete

• 2 weeks later...

Archived