WYSIWYG Report Dongle

peter

Hi Everyone

I've just bought WYSIWYG Report (Student Edition) with the USB Dongle, and installed it. I can't, however, get it to work, as I can't find the drivers for the dongle. When I insert it, Windows XP Home detects a "USB Token" but can't find the appropriate drivers for it. I've got a Revision8 CD.

Can anyone help?

P

Hi Peter,

I had exactly this problem with WYG Perform on XP Pro - I couldn't get the USB dongle drivers to install either. Unfortunately I didn't pursue the issue because I've just swapped all my USB dongles for parallel dongles (for a different reason). So I don't know how to resolve the issue, but I know there is some problem there.

Best bet is to contact your dealer or ETC support, or Andy or Phil might have some ideas.

Cheers,

David

Peter,

Have you resolved it yet??

For future reference and for anyone else who has this issue, the driver set up file is located in: c:\program files\Wysiwyg\Bin\Sentinal\WIN NT.

Alternatively check out www.rainbow.com to download the drivers.

We are not sure yet why the driver does not load automatically on every occasion, one reason may well be to do with the use of Firewire or AV software. It is a relatively new thing thats been going on for about 3 - 4 months now.

As a general note it is imperative that the program is installed prior to the dongle being inserted.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Andy.

Peter,

I know what you mean, but remember that the program is still working in 3D so although you cannot see it if your uni has Wyg LEARN or you know someone, with Design then you can put your drawings into that and you will be able to see it in 3D shaded views as well as 3D wireframe.

Andy.

Archived