QSC HPR speakers

Alec

Manually split off from Isle of Wight festival thread.

I ended up walking away with a QSC HPR system from my local supplier! ;) to be fair though, I had already heard the QSC system out and about with a guy I know, and I know the sound well.
Which HPR system did you buy, and how would you rate it? Still looking for something reasonably compact, yet capable for my 10 piece function band. Loved the idea of a TT+ system, and still kicking myself for missing out on a steal of a deal recently, but aware that they're not the only fish in the sea... Would appreciate honest opinions before hoiking myself off for long drives for auditions.
I got a couple of 122i tops and 151i subs, with poles and covers. while I'm yet to take my subs out, I've used the tops both as FoH and as mons. the guys using the monitors were absolutely raving about the clarity compared to your average small wedge. I was suitably impressed with them as FoH for the price, but I'm fully aware there's better out there such as the KV2 EX range. at the end of the day though it was a massive step up from my EV SX500 system. I can definitely say I'm a fan of QSC speakers.

How loud do they go? And how kicking is the sub? (though I was considering the 18" sub)

After all, I'm only after this for my own band's use & a few bits of volunteer work I do. Getting the best would be great, but there isn't the income to support this! Given the rep of QSC's amps, these look pretty good. Think I might need to get out and listen.

We have 4 tops(122i) and 2 subs (151i) and they sound fantastic. They are the best thing in the market for the price by far.

However we've found they don't throw very far. Used them for a couple of wedding receptions and on a boat party and in both cases I was close to needing to put in sets of delays in the venue....

Archived