Strand Offline Editor

chris512

hi all, just wondering if anyone had a link for the strand offline editor, I have been searching for a while and haven't found any links for it! I'm assuming this is a free package (like zero88's or avo's) or does it only come with a strand desk?

cheers!

Genius OLE for GSX / LBX is here if anyone wants to download it. It is version 1.2g, despite what it says on the license agreement screen...

Unlike Genius Pro this OLE will work on XP etc, you just need to edit genius.bat and change line 6 to:

c:\genius\checkpc silent vga cpu= 3 dos= 3 ram= 450 xms= 900

And then it works fine for me; Alt-Enter switches to full screen DOS and it looks like the real thing.

Manual and keyboard overlay is also in the zip file.

• 1 year later...
None of the links to GSX OLE's seem to work / be valid anymore. Anyone got ideas on where to get it now. I'm in suburban Melbourne at the start of a tour and the first desk I get is GSX...but there's worse to come! Jands Event on one stop soon = not fun for theatre!!!

Yep, I spent a couple hours last night trying every link I could find. That link is the console software, not the OLE. If anyone knows how to get that to run as OLE I will love you forever.....................

Thanks in advance

Tommo

Yep, I spent a couple hours last night trying every link I could find. That link is the console software, not the OLE. If anyone knows how to get that to run as OLE I will love you forever.....................

Thanks in advance

Tommo

Hi Tommo

I have a copy of the GSX offline sitting as a zip file on my email.

If you want, I will send it on. Just need your email. It is the real deal. I got it off my local strand boffin and have used it withou any problems. Don't know if it likes Xp or cares but it is there if you want. They took the OLE off the site eons ago probably figuring that nobody use it anymore...... oh how we laughed :unsure:

am eamon(at)draiocht(dot)ie

will check email before 6 my time but you will/should be bed

Hope this can help

eamon

I've got the gsx sitting on my laptop. I can send it if anybody wants it - runs fine in a dos window on xp

it is a 125ch version. As far as I remember it reads to and from a floppy - not that my laptop has one!

edited by Paul

Well I sent the software out - never even got a thank you!

• 3 years later...
I've got the gsx sitting on my laptop. I can send it if anybody wants it - runs fine in a dos window on xp

it is a 125ch version. As far as I remember it reads to and from a floppy - not that my laptop has one!

edited by Paul

Hi Paul do you still have this? and I will even say thanks to.

regards Charlie

• 3 months later...

edited by Paul

Hi Paul do you still have this? and I will even say thanks to.

regards Charlie

If anybody still needs the Strand LBX/GSX OLE I have it on my computer. Send an email to tylermartin86@yahoo.com with the subject "Request OLE". I will send it to you asap. I have been using it for a very long time and works on windows 7. After installing you must edit genius.bat to make the 6th line say "c:\genius\checkpc silent vga cpu= 3 dos= 3 ram= 450 xms= 900" without the quotes.

Archived