Projection visuals

gallente

whats the best program to make projection visuals in, like the stuff in 'Eddie Izzard - Sexie' or something like that. Im using swish at the moment but when I export it to AVI its really bad quality, even though ive got a decent graphics card etc.

im looking for a program so I can make visualizations to music, incorporating words, video clips from films, and some 'swirly cool colours' (sorry its the only way I can describe it)

any help would be appreciated

adobe premiere is a good piece of software from the sounds of what you want to do, and pinnacle do a few versions of their own, do a google for video editing software.

depending on what software you get, you will obviously have limitations, personally I would go for adobe, and depending on your budget you can get license restricted versions, I myself have the full version, but you can get educational versions, production versions etc all depending on what you want.

Matt.

ah yeah but that exports them into quicktime format dosnt it? I use powerpoint to control them and it cant play quicktime visuals, or is there a way to change that?

is there another program out there that works like powerpoint to control the projection? and works with all formats of video?

One option might be to buy quicktime Pro for £25 from Apple. Then setup your chosen programme to export as high quality AVI or Mpeg, then play it full screen from the Quick time player? Thus you avoid Powerpoint, and can quickly play a file.

If your on a PC then Premiere is meant to be good. After Effects is very good a adding effects, but pricy and a hog to learn by all accounts.

I use a Mac with Final Cut to edit and effect video. I can then play it out through firewire to my DVcam and do the Digital to Analogue conversion in the Camera. Final Cut plays AVI, DV and Mpeg files. There's a good forum I can recommend for video editing and stuff Here .

Do you need to create the visuals live or can they be pre-recorded? If you are creating them live then you need a piece of VJ software. I use Arkaos but there are loads of others. Take a look at this list of VJ software and VJ Central to start off with.

If you are precreating your images/video then any combination of video editing, compositing. special effects and image creation software will do. It's down to personal preference and budget. I use Adobe Premiere, Adobe After Effects Pro, Adobe Photoshop, Discreet Combustion, Terragen, various morphing software etc.

You will still need to play back your content. You could use VJ software to do that.

I use Macromedia Director but it costs a fortune. You can do a slide show of static images and video clips with something like ACDSee. I even used Windows Media Player in one production.

I wouldn't have thought that Adobe Premiere would be too great in what you wanted to do, it has a few built in effects but its really meant for cutting films together.

Adobe After Effects is cool though :D If you have a chance to play with it then you can find some really cool effects and do alot more than in Premiere (does mess with your head sometimes though ;) )

I even used Windows Media Player in one production

We used an X-Box once :(

perhaps even for text and some other effects you could use macromedia flash? it has the ability to export as many different formats and to manipulate text and images. lets face it, any program must be better than powerpoint!!!!

Archived