Headphones

dominicgross

Hey,

I'm looking for a pair of good headphones for studio monitoring. I will be using them mainly on the production work stations so closed-back is essential.

I want to stay away from DT100's as they sound, well, 'not great' for production work (and the bass response is silly).

advice please gents?

I have had a pair of Sennheiser HD25's for about 10 years now and they are the best thing I have ever used. I'm only now, after all this time, having to change the ear pads for them. They're closed headphones so they pretty much isolate you from the outside world when they're on and all of the bits are available as spares.

Here's a link to them:

Sennheiser HD 25

I can recommend the Sony MDR-7506. They are the most comfortable cans I have tried, as they sit round your ears instead of on them. Isolation is good, not quite as good as the DT-100's, but close. They have a good even frequency response and you can wear them for long periods without fatigue. Also they have a low enough impedance for most portable cd players to be able drive them to a resonable level.

Greeings,

I'd go for the Sony MDR-7509's for monitoring. I find that Sennheisers are a little bass heavy. The Sony's are quiet flat from end to end. Open head phones are best if you are just listening and not trying to sing at the same time. Beyer Dt100 make your ears sweat..

Fleeting

Archived