Speakon STX disassembly

Tom Baldwin

I've just bought an STX-series Speakon connector (NLT4FX), and foolishly screwed it all together so I didn't lose the bits before I came to wire it up.

Now I can't get it apart again...

Am I being thick, or weak? It wasn't done up very tightly in the first place, but now trying to unscrew the two halves of the connector just doesn't work - it will tighten further quite easily, but resists any attempt to unscrew it by hand.

Please tell me these aren't single use connectors!!

Any pointers appreciated - the Neutrik website only has an assembly guide, not a disassembly guide.

Cheers,

Tom

P.S. Just to be clear, I'm talking about disassembling a single connector for the purposes of soldering wires to it, not unmating a mated connector pair.

Thank you, yes, it was just a question of insufficient force; the connector is now disassembled with the aid of some mole grips and a spanner.

I've come to learn that if something takes much more force than I expect, I'm probably doing it wrong... but not in this case, apparently!

Cheers,

Tom

Archived