Back plates ......

Chiefy

Hello all,

Has anyone ever used the Rainbow pro 8" scrollers for source fours or Strand SLs? If so did you have to hire a back pate in order to accommodate the small lamp front?

The reason I ask is we have just bought quite a lot of Rainbow Pro 8" in order to fit our entire lamp stock, however when we realised they wouldn't fit onto SL's or S4's we started to look for alternative solutions, namely a universal back plate/ adaptor that would fit the Pro 8 in lets say PAR size and then would fit into a carrier and slip into an SL or S4. My only option at the moment is to have these things made by an engineering company for mega bucks.

Then I thought of the blue room!! Does anyone here know of an easy fix to my problem?

Cheers...

Having used 8" scrollers on SLs before, my one piece of advice to you would be DON'T! Putting that much weight on the nose of the lantern will f*ck up your tilt locks beyond hope, and you'll just end up with a whole bunch of unpleasantly flaccid SLs ... :P

Is ti too late to suggest that you get ChromaQ Broadways instead??

Tiz too late...!!

Although WL have thought of a soultion to this ..... we wait and see...

Share it with us when it arrives! :P

Seriously, though, be careful how much weight you put on the front end of an SL .... "They don't like it up 'em" ...

Archived