aviation headsets and tecpro beltpacks

aidso

very very light weight and once you have them on they fit great. a lot better than the tec pro hadsets and even the beyer DT108. We done three for a customer and have just ordered 10 for ourselves. You could put the batteries in the cup itself but I put them in box cable tied to the cable. Im not sure how long ill out of the battery pack but I reckon t mic will draw less than 2ma so should get quite a while out of it.

ok got an update. thought I was king and ofcourse my plan failed. The batteries are only lasting 2 days in the headsets. Am going to try and tap of the powersupply ring. Anyone know if it will groung the supply when I try this?

I don't have enough detail on the tecpro stuff to be sure on this or to provide any component values, but I have a couple of suggestions.

From what I remember the 3 pin XLR is ground, +V and signal, and the 4 pin for the headset is ground and signal for mic, and ground and signal for ears.

IF the grounds are all connected together, it MAY be possible to feed the +V line through a diode to power the mic.

I not, an isolating transformer on the mic input would allow you to power the mic without upsetting the rest of it.

Archived