Prolight PL182 Tricolour lasers

SmokeAndMirrors

Sigh... these lasers are impenetrable to program using DMX. I use Daslight, and I've found that it's not enough to set the sliders. Oh no, the laser seems picky as to which order the sliders are set in. I have to program in delays between slider setting, too, to get deterministic results. And even then I'm less than pleased with the results.

Does anyone here have experience with these lasers? Alternatively, can you recommend a better (prettier, easier to control) RGY laser around the £300 price point?

Are you sure it doesn't have the non DMX standard way of wiring, I have heard people describing similar things before, then after having reversed pins 2 and 3 everything works perfectly..

Are you sure it doesn't have the non DMX standard way of wiring, I have heard people describing similar things before, then after having reversed pins 2 and 3 everything works perfectly..

:aacool:

Maybe I should try hacking a cable? I'll see if I get some other replies before trying this.

• 2 weeks later...
Update: fitted a DMX crossover, the laser no longer responds. Conclusion thus far: the DMX implementation is barmy, and there is no trivial way to control this laser. In stand-alone mode it looks brilliant, but replicating that with DMX seems nigh impossible.

Archived