Small Band Rig

Headlong

Hi,

really simple question - will 8 x Thomann Par56 LED fixtures for washes and a set of 4 colour changes for eye candy running from a Behringer LC2412 still do the job of lighting a small rock band playing pub gigs on a budget or are there newer/better things on the market that I should be considering in the same price range?

I have used the above (minus colour changers) so know the limitations of the desk etc but I have the opportunity of purchasing the cans/stands/controller from a former band for my current project and would appreciate advice from those more in the know!

Thanks in advance

Rik

Moderation: Moved to the Lighting Forum where you may get more responses.

In short - yes they do the job and yes there are better things out there.

It really depends on whatyou need it to do - if it's the same job for a different band thn they're a good start. Also depends what price they're being offered for.

Mi-ul

Edited for muppetry (mine)

Place the par cans at the back of the stage... this is the only way you can get a decent effect out of they maybe put the colour changers at the front of the stage pointing onto the band themselves. You could do with maybe investing into a better controller, because they are quite difficult to control and get your head around and also you can get a one which you can creat chases and things between all the fixtures.. but its up to you.. if you like it then keep it.

Chris

Archived