Obsession II

Nate

Hello all.

As it stands I have a Strand show file (SSF) which, via Showport, I have converted to 'alq / ascii'. Now, the next venue has an Obsession 2 which, is not compatible with either of these formats. Instead it is impartial to 'DAT' files File folrmat. So my question to you is: is there a way of converting either the SSF or alq / ascii into the 'dat' format that is compatible with the ETC Obsession II, which is running software version 5.1.0.

if I have to program it from scratch on the offline ed that would be really dull.

Regards Nathan

Unfortunately there is no way of importing USITT-ASCII or the ALQ file created by Strand Showport into an Obsession II.

The latest version of the Obsession II OLE can export USITT-ASCII, but can't import it. Sorry.

There are a couple of companies in the USA that offer Obsession II showfile translations, such as http://secondcut.home.att.net/

They aren't cheap though, as it does more or less involve re-entering the data!

• 9 months later...

Not to hijack the thread, but I have the opposite problem, which is getting the alq / asc file into a 550i, offline. Couple of items of note: I am attempting to run the Strand offline editor v2.8.6 in a QEMU box inside XP inside OS X Leopard.

Any comments or suggestions to facilitate would be gratefully received.

thx, Michael

Hello all.

As it stands I have a Strand show file (SSF) which, via Showport, I have converted to 'alq / ascii'. Now, the next venue has an Obsession 2 which, is not compatible with either of these formats. Instead it is impartial to 'DAT' files File folrmat. So my question to you is: is there a way of converting either the SSF or alq / ascii into the 'dat' format that is compatible with the ETC Obsession II, which is running software version 5.1.0.

if I have to program it from scratch on the offline ed that would be really dull.

Regards Nathan

Not to hijack the thread, but I have the opposite problem, which is getting the alq / asc file into a 550i, offline. Couple of items of note: I am attempting to run the Strand offline editor v2.8.6 in a QEMU box inside XP inside OS X Leopard.

Have you got strand showport? it's towards the bottom of the page, runs on windows and converts ascii/alq into .ssf

There are plenty of other topics on strand showport if you get stuck.

Hope this helps.

Neil

Archived