Mixer Question

Jsmith1234

I am thinking of buying the PA28 Mixer for my Dj Set, I have some decks with a RCA Output And I have lots of leads With Rca on one end and it turns into an other one. I was just wondering which would be the best place to plug the Cable into the mixer and which cable do I need to do this.

I am thinking of buying the PA28 Mixer for my Dj Set, I have some decks with a RCA Output And I have lots of leads With Rca on one end and it turns into an other one. I was just wondering which would be the best place to plug the Cable into the mixer and which cable do I need to do this.

Well, I am Thinkinf of buying a new mixer, it has 18 x XLR Inputs and 18 x 6.5mm Inputs, for anyone who knows th mixer it the PA20 by Allen and Heath. Now I have a pair of decks and a dj mixer, the dj mixer has an output of 2 x RCA (red and white) Know I was just wondering, which cable I need to Plug it into the mixer. I hope thats a bit clearer!.

emmm. I'll take a guess at what you're meaning is that you want to connect your turntables to the A&H PA28 (Correct me if you're thinking of another mixer, thats the first thing Google found)

You might get away with using an RCA to XLR connector block and going in through the mic inputs. Although I dont know if there will be enough gain for a phono source. Another option for you is to hook up you're decks through a phono preamp (or regular DJ mixer) to get them to a balanced line level input for the desk.

As I said let me know if I've jumped to the wrong conclusions if you're thinking of a different mixer called a PA28.

Edit: OK ignore above - you are thinking of a multichannel desk. Plug the RCA output of you're DJ mixer into a stereo input on the desk using an RCA to Jack cable. Easy as that ;)

John

Ok, so you already have a two channel mixer with a crossfader and preamps and you want to connect it to your main mixer.

But as the "DJ" mixer has only RCA outs, you wonder how to connect it to line level jack inserts.

You can buy adaptors that turn an RCA into a 1/4 " jack plug, these are in mono so you will need two, and use two line channels on the A&H panned hard left and right to give you stereo.

Failing that soldering new jacks onto the cables will probably give you more reliability.

;)

John Denim.

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

cross post John, sorry!

If you are just taking the L&R Main Outputs from the DJ Mixer then you will want to make up two RCA Phono to Jack adapter leads and plug these betheen the RCA outputs on the DJ mixer and the Jack inputs on the PA20.

Josh

A concurrent post has been automatically merged from this point on.

cross post John, sorry!

Ditto

if you're pluggins turntables straight into the PA20, make sure you have an RIAA filter somewhere in the line. there might be one in the turbtable itself but if not, radial make a DI box with RIAA filters built in.

I am thinking of buying the PA28 Mixer for my Dj Set <snip>

The PA 28 is not a DJ mixer. It is designed for small bands, and so will have many features which you won't need whilst lacking in the features a DJ often finds vital. If budget is not an option, either the A+H xone series or the pioneer DJM series would be the best option to use with decks.

M

I have a pair of decks and a dj mixer, the dj mixer has an output of 2 x RCA (red and white) Know I was just wondering, which cable I need to Plug it into the mixer. I hope thats a bit clearer!.

He already has the DJ mixer he just wishes to plug it into the PA28

Although I do agree that it seems a bit silly to get one unless you are also regularly doing band nights.

Josh

Archived