Rubber, pre-moulded IEC cables

Pete Alcock

Most of the mains cables in my kit are rubber (robust, coil up nicely and look neat when laid out). The growing number of kettle leads I seem to need are by complete contrast, stiff PVC which are stiff and unwieldy and prone to "ratsnesting" when put away.

Now I know I could buy a box of IEC sockets and make up a load of nice rubber ones, but I just wondered if these are available off the shelf.

Cheers,

Pete.

Can't offer a link to what your after, but can recommend Canford... If anyone'll make pre-fab cables like your after, it'll be them. Expect to pay a fair bit though!

HTH.

Tom

Now I know I could buy a box of IEC sockets and make up a load of nice rubber ones,

I'm not sure how much I'd be prepared to invest in "kettle leads", given that they're one of the things most likely to walk at an event.

VDC also supply IEC leads, hopefully at slightly more sensible prices than Cantafford, but I can't vouch for their rubberiness.

Archived