Power help?!?

the-techi

You can get 16A CEE forms which are mostly black which are indeed designed for the entertainment industry however they all have bits of blue on them therefore no change in the standard was required.

and those that are completely black are for 500V supplies :D

for example:

black 240V 16A http://cpc.farnell.com/productimages/farnell/standard/PL0964607-40.jpg

(this isn't directed at ike, just a continuation of his post :P )

You can get 16A CEE forms which are mostly black which are indeed designed for the entertainment industry however they all have bits of blue on them therefore no change in the standard was required.

and those that are completely black are for 500V supplies :D

The ones I am refering to are compleatly black, as sold by stage electrics. They are the Cee-norm quick connect range, I will try and find a picture.

As far as I recall all the CEE-Norm ones have at least a bit of the correct colour on them. Are you possibly thinking of the Tourmate Ebony Pro which are all black and are not standards compliant because of this?

I'd put a pint of Guiness on the CeeNorm ones having a blue flap on the female or blue Male body for the standards compliant 230v connectors.

I have some all black 16a CEE Norm ones from stage LX! very nice! no blue at all just black and a silver label!!

Yea. The ones I've used before have a black plastic surround, and the actual flap / cover is the only bit thats blue. And its still just as easy to find in a big pile of black cables and extensions, as theres still some blue!

Archived