text based fixture files

richard

Does anyone know what desks use text files to hold their fixture information? I know that the 520 does and how it works and I have an idea that the Hog II does, but what other ones do?

I am planning to write a web site that will dynamically create your fixture files for you, and would like it to do it for as many different kinds of desk as possible - it will all come from the same main Database so should make lives much easier!

If anyone knows of any specs, or even specs of non text based files that I could bodge then that would be very useful..

Thanks

Richard

Don't really know the answer to your question, Richard. But I'll just point out that, strictly speaking, the main fixture library in a HogII lives in a ROM in the desk. The _lib.lib text file on a show disk is only used to adding additional fixtures that don't already exist in the ROM library. So you're not really wrong - but you're not 100% right either! :o

When you download Hog PC in the Program File it has a file called _lib.rom

This may be helpful

Also in the program file of the OLE for the GrandMa if you go Ma Lighting Technologies>GlobData>New Fixtures, There are loads of text files with the names of fixtures.

You could also get some personalitites off the Zero 88 Fixture Personality Database.

Sam

Archived